Today I went shopping. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I'm a "get in, get it, pay, get-the-hell-out" kind of shopper. I went into the store and quickly found what I was looking for. Went to the checkout where a lovely older man was working. He scanned my items and I grabbed my handy-dandy little card out of my purse, swiped it through the machine and went through all the crap that follows -- debit or credit -- pin number -- do you want money back -- waiting to approve -- when suddenly it pops up with the words "card denied". I was mortified. I asked if I could try again because I probably put in the wrong pin number and it happened AGAIN! What the heck??? So I got out my cell phone to check on my little cheat "contact" pin # checker because Biker Dude and I have such similar pin numbers on our debit cards and I always get all dyslexic with them. Then I realized that I was using a
credit card instead of my debit card. What a major spaz! I was so embarrassed. Anyway, this cute old gent said, "No problem. You were in the right church, but just sitting in the wrong pew!" How cute was that? The lady that was so impatiently waiting behind me to get through the line I was holding up suddenly got a big smile on her face and we all had a great chuckle. I love sweet older gentlemen with a sense of humor!
4 comments:
Does that mean your not the sharpest tool in the shed? That's cute!
We all have our spaz moments like that. It is good to know we aren't alone! I am loving your cute blog.
wow...that has happened to me more than a few times. My pin and garage code used to be one digit off...and I was constantly messing it up!? I hate that! But isn't it nice when people can make light of things and be kind?! I appreciate it SO MUCH!
How cute! My pin and PHONE number are only two numbers off. I'm either typing in my phone number or repeating my pin number to someone. Guess you and I are sitting in the same pew. haha
Post a Comment