Thursday, July 24, 2008

Down in front!

Are there people in your universe that bug the holy crap out of you due to the fact that they just exist? Please don't let me be the only one!

There is a gal in town that is one of those people. Her Daddy was a 'somebody' with money once upon a time and she's leached off of that her entire life (just my opinion). Because she's a 'somebody' and anyone else is a 'nobody', her nose is perpetually in the air. One thing that she's done which I find unforgiveable and showed her true colors is when my Dad died she showed up on my Mother's front doorstep to see if Mom wanted to consider selling their home. Crude, huh?

Anyway, last night we went to the county fair to a Sawyer Brown concert and there she was -- two rows down acting like she was it-on-a-stick. She's not. The music was great and the concert was lots of fun. As it began she was standing up doing the 'wave' and I yelled 'down in front'. As the concert progressed and she downed a couple of beers she was doing the American Bandstand 60's clap your hands/flip your wrist thing. So funny. More beer and then she began to shake her groove thing and I thought I was going to have a seizure. Then came the cell phone - open it up and wave it around like it was a cigarette lighter at the big stadium concert. It was annoying and funny at the same time. If I didn't dislike the woman so much I would have probably been embarrassed for her!

I'm sure that I totally mortified my youngest adult son. I figured that out when he looked me in the eye and mouthed, "Stop it, Mom" as I was yelling "down in front" for the 10th time. Oh well, I'm old and I can do and say whatever I want now because I've earned that right. Forgive my mouth and intolerance, but it was MY very own "you suck lady" moment and belonged to no one else.

BTW, Biker Dude was right next to me and never batted an eye. He loves me anyway.

3 comments:

The Zieglers said...

I AM your daughter! I would have done the same thing( good thing I wasn't with you)! How embarassing for her, people get so stupid when they've had a few! I'll chalk that up to another reason why I didn't come to the park county fair this year!!! Love you Mom!

Jamie and Kiley said...

I would have been rolling in laughter. Such good memories happen at that fair. As I recall Jamison had some good times at that fair too. That will forever be one of the funniest things I have ever seen. HILARIOUS!

Megan said...

Ha ha ha...I keep writing really mean things in my blog, and they're up for a minute, and then I take them down, because I think I'm the only one that has a snotty feeling about someone or something...guess I'm not HUH? =) PS...at least she has good taste...I loved your parent's house too. I think it's the best one in town. But what an icky thing to do to your mom!?!? Wow