Sunday, August 10, 2008

I've been tagged...

How to play this game of tag: Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names.

Just as a disclaimer -- Trisha thinks I'm a freak because I've thought about this too long and hard and now everyone I was going to tag has already been tagged except for one. Anyway, here goes...

JOYS:
1) My Grandkids. A true gift without measure. I've always laughed when I've heard that "Grandkids are Gods' gift for not killing your own children" -- but it's true! My favorite part though is when their parents say something that I'd said to them before, and they swore they'd never say it to their own kids, "don't make me stop this car". What a hoot!

2) Biker Dude. My best friend, my love, my partner in life. Even tho' somedays he bugs the snot out of me, he loves me in spite of myself.

3) My Parents. There is no doubt that I was blessed in this department. They taught me the true meaning of unconditional love. The importance of working hard to make your marriage work under any circumstance. The true meaning of in sickness and in heath. And most of all, they taught me that love is to be shared.

FEARS:
1) There is nothing worse than knowing that someone you love is in harm's way or hurting and there is nothing you can do to "fix" it.

2) Drowning. Stupid I know since I don't go near the water and I live in a pretty land-locked state, but that claustrophobic feeling of being unable to catch my breath gets me.

3) Living the rest of my life in pain. After 5 surgeries in 3 1/2 years, trying to figure out my pain threshold has been an extremely difficult thing for me. It's a daily part of my life and I'm sick to death of it. I wish it would just be gone.

GOALS:
1) To be skinny.
2) To be pain-free.
3) To do something wonderful that will always be remembered long after I'm gone.

OBSESSION/COLLECTION:
1) I became a collector of pigs, not my fault, thanks Mom. She gave me a pencil sketch my cousin did of a little girl herding pigs in the rain that I just loved and it snowballed from there. What should I begin to think when people see pig 'stuff' and think of me?

2) I have lots of good intentions - cross-stitch, crochet, sewing, scherenschnitte, and I'd love to start scrapbooking. I've rediscovered my love of reading (yes, I'm turning into a "Twilight" freak too).

3) I've collected lots of sarcastic magnets for my workplace -- love 'em.

RANDOM FACTS:
1) Each of my three children was born on Tuesday.
2) Each of my three children have the same initials.
3) I still have a few baby teeth (yes, in my mouth)!

Okay, so now I'm going to tag Kristin and any one else who feels the need to think this hard!

2 comments:

The Zieglers said...

Loved your answers and also your comment on my page! Thanks so much for all you do for me! I LOVE you!

Megan said...

I'm so glad everyone played my tag game! It sounds like you and ms.trish had a great time together! I really learned a lot about my friends! I agree about the drowning thing...that or being buried alive. (insert scream) and I will always think of you when I see anything 'pig' themed! ~Meg