Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pick me...

He announced, "our precious Rose is going to have another child." As soon as the words were out there was a scurry of little feet and a million hands in the air. "Pick me, pick me!" The excitement was palpable.

In spite of all the lovely little children vying for His attention, He looked straight at me and said, "I'm going to send you. She will love you unconditionally and teach you every single thing you will need to know. You have been blessed."

My heart stood still for suddenly every wish I'd ever had was coming true. My Rose, my Mother, my everything. Each thing I learned about her was so facinating. She loved me. she taught me. She put up with most of my nonsense. She set the most beautiful example of all that is good in this world. She smelled good.

Yes, I have been blessed. Blessed a million times over!