Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Girl's Got to do what a Girl's Got to do...


It was a dark and stormy night. She realized that there was no way in hell that her assigned duties would ever be fulfilled by the morning light. Despair clutched its icy fingers around her heart and she began to beg for mercy. Then it dawned on her that hiding deep within the bowels of her refrigerator was a Coca-Cola waiting to release her from her angst. A clean glass, fresh ice cubes, and the wonderful sound of her effervescent sustenance bubbling and fizzy as it filled the glass. She closed her eyes and drank the dark saccharine liquid. Once again a spark of energy cursed through her veins. She was back on the sauce, but ever confident that success was in sight.

4 comments:

The Zieglers said...

You are quite............saucy! There is nothing wrong with a little carbonated BUZZ!! I myself crave that "burn"!

Lori said...

The same thing happens to me, but with a coke---SLURPEE!!! Except, they usually taste better when it isn't snowing outside. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, Jeanne Jeanne....why do you waste your talents...I can see this as a half time super bowl commercial..Coca-Cola is looking for you…..I believe you could be earning big bucks for such creativity, such talent….such…such …such…heck if I could write such as you I would know what to write at such a moment….you make me smile

Megan said...

I can't say I don't love the 'sauce'...what is it with us Jeanne? We totally use the same lingo...? Smooch! ~Meg