Wednesday, March 18, 2009

XXXVII - 37 - Thirty-seven

Who'da thunk that Biker Dude and I would be together for all these 37 years? We started out with a couple big hills to climb, but climb them we did. We did it together. It's been a great adventure with so many learning experiences along the way. We've had our share of good and bad, ups and downs, poor and poorer - but we've lived through it and have been rewarded for all that hard work.

I love and respect you for all you are and all you have become over the years. We started out as a couple of kids with so much to learn and so much to gain all at the same time. I think of all that you went through as a 19 year old boy in 1972. You got married, had a baby, graduated from high school, and went into the Army all in a matter of months -- had to grow up fast, huh? In my opinion, you did it in style!

You are my soul mate. My best friend. The best father and grand-father ever. I am so very blessed and it is because of you.

I whine - you listen.
I cry - you listen.
I bitch - you listen.
I ask - you give.
I need - you give.
I'm sad - you listen and give more.

You are my everything. I owe you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! What a wonderful tribute to my brother! He is awesome and how lucky we are to have him as a part of our lives. He is who is he is because of life experiences, friends, his grandchildren, his children, his wife, his siblings and last but not least his parents! Love to you both!

The Zieglers said...

This post made me cry! I am very lucky to grow up in a house where my parents showed love to eachother....You guys are amazing and I am very blessed to call you mom and dad! Happy anniversary! xoxo

Neika Boulter said...

Ohhh how sweet! You guys are so awesome! Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you soon!